[BonnMotion] feedback on 3D scenarios generation and format conversion

Oscar Bautista C. obaut004 at fiu.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:21:35 CET 2020

Hello Matthias,

Thanks for replying, I was just thinking in sending an email, today
afternoon or tomorrow to know if you were able to replicate the behavior.
Yes I have used it to generate 2D scenarios with RPGM and it works fine,
nonetheless I am currently working on swarm-of-drones applications,
therefore I need 3D scenarios.

By the way, regarding 2D scenarios, I sometimes observe that some nodes
move really close to other nodes, while there are some nodes very far (near
the limit of the maximum distance set as parameter), I wonder if there is
under development or at least the idea of a movement pattern that maintains
a minimum distance between nodes that can be flexible, this is, that it is
not strictly necessary that two nodes maintain that minimum distance, but
that tries to be satisfied in order to maintain a better distribution of
nodes in the space at all times.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to ask you - for sure you know
more people in this field - if there is any swarm mobility scenario
generator or at least sample scenarios that is open for use by other
researchers, I have been struggling with using a good 3D scenario with
mobility and I believe someone already did it, but probably is not for open
use.

Have a good day !

Best,
*Oscar Bautista*
Graduate Research Assistant
Advanced Wireless and Security Lab (ADWISE)
Florida International University