[Linguistik] Invitation to the SPOCC_kickoff workshop

lmingya at uni-osnabrueck.de lmingya at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mo Sep 25 12:23:41 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues, dear students,

I am organising a kickoff workshop for my DFG-project
(http://www.xprag.de/?page_id=4780), with four invited talks and one
additional by myself.

----------
Title: The rise of "Conditionals" in the fall
Date: October 5, 2017
Place: Institute of Cognitive Science, Osnabrück University

Invited talks:
-What is Amiss about Missing-link Conditionals?
(Karolina Krzyżanowska, Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy/Munich)

- Chinese Conditionals and Chinese Counterfactual Reasoning (Yan Jiang,
School of Oriental and African Studies/London)

- Convergence Results for Conditional Logic in the Light of the Semantics
and Pragmatics of Conditionals and Connexive Principles
(Matthias Unterhuber, Department of Philosophy/Bochum)

- Some Syntactic Quirks of Conditional Clauses
(Philipp Weisser, Department of Linguistics/Leipzig)

- Deriving the wenn/falls Contrast in German as a Scalar Implicature: with
experimental evidence
(Mingya Liu, Institute of Cognitive Science/Osnabrück)

Attached is the detailed program with abstracts for the talks. Everyone is
cordially invited! If you intend to attend the workshop, please reply
simply with "yes" to this email by Sept. 29 (this Friday) so that I know
roughly how many cookies to buy. Spontaneous attendance is of course also
possible.

Best,
Mingya Liu (liu.mingya at uni-osnabrueck.de)