[MWS]: Call for papers

LeighLandy at aol.com LeighLandy at aol.com
Mit Jul 4 21:27:59 CEST 2001

Organised Sound
An International Journal of Music and Technology
Call for articles and works

Volume 7, Number 1
Issue thematic title: Soundscape Composition
Date of Publication: April 2002
Publishers: Cambridge University Press

We invite submissions from soundscape researchers, theoreticians and
composers for this special issue on Soundscape Composition. Submissions may
consist of papers, short soundscape pieces or excerpts, and/or
soundscape-oriented audio-visual artworks. Andra McCartney (Concordia
University, Montreal, andra at vax2.concordia.ca) will be the issue co-ordinator.

Because we wish to focus on soundscape composition, we ask that articles
focus directly on related issues. For example, histories of soundscape
composition; approaches to location recording and sound gathering;
reflections on political, philosophical and sonic challenges of soundscape
recording situations; methods, techniques and philosophies of studio
composition; public listener reception of soundscape works and related social
and political issues; critical reviews of soundscape compositions.

Deadline for submissions is December 1, 2001. Audio and audio-visual material
will be presented as part of our annual CD-ROM which will appear with issue
7/3.

The editors, as always, welcome submissions that fall outside of the scope of
this issue’s theme.

-----------

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 1 December 2001

SUBMISSION FORMAT

Notes for Contributors/further details can be obtained from the inside back
cover of
published issues of Organised Sound or from:

http://uk.cambridge.org/journals/oso/

TIMETABLE for SUBMISSIONS

Hard copy of articles and other material should be submitted to:

    The Editors
    Organised Sound
    Centre for Technology and the Arts
    Clephan Building
    De Montfort University
    Leicester LE1 9BH, UK.

Email submissions should be mailed to (please see SUBMISSION FORMAT above):

    os at cage.york.ac.uk

Editors: Leigh Landy and Tony Myatt.
Associate Editors: Ross Kirk and Richard Orton
Regional Editors:
    Cort Lippe, Eduardo Miranda, Shimoda Nobuhisa, Jøran Rudi, Barry Truax,
    Ian Whalley, David Worrall
ICMA Representative: Mary Simoni
International Editorial Board:
    Marc Battier, Laurant Bayle, Allesandro Cipriani, Francis Dhomont,
    Simon Emmerson, Rajmil Fischman, David Howard, Miller Puckette,
    Jean-Claude Risset, Francis Rumsey, Trevor Wishart